Join CPD - Become a Champion
THE CLERMONT POLICE DEPARTMENT IS HIRING
Outside of the military, there is no higher calling than that of law enforcement. Do you have what it takes to be a champion?
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- SALARY: $42,020.16
- RETIREMENT: Full retirement at 20 years. Fully vested after 10 years of service.
- INSURANCE: Low-cost medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance.
- INCENTIVE PAY: For qualifying Florida law enforcement experience.
- UNIFORM & EQUIPMENT PROVIDED: Summer uniforms and external vest carriers available.
- TAKE HOME VEHICLE PROGRAM: No-cost take home vehicle within 20 mile radius upon completion of field training.
- PAID HOLIDAYS: Holiday pay for 10 city-observed holidays per year.
- SPECIALIZED ASSIGNMENTS: Criminal Investigations, Community Policing, Traffic, SWAT, Hostage Negotiation, School Resource & more.
- GYM ACCESS: State of the art gym located on premises.
Education & Experience
An equivalent combination of higher education and experience may be considered, provided that the education and experience is in a relevant and related field.
- High school graduation or an acceptable equivalency diploma/GED.
- Completions of the Minimum Standards courses as set forth by the Florida Police Standards Council.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations:
- Florida Law Enforcement Certification
- Valid Florida Driver's License
Click here to review Florida Statute 943.13, which defines the minimum qualifications for a law enforcement officer in the State of Florida.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Clermont is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race or color, gender or sexual orientation, religion or creed, pregnancy, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any characteristic protected by law. The city conducts an Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (EEOP) analysis every two years because it is the city’s goal to have a qualified workforce, which as closely as possible, represents the available area workforce and encourages all under-represented classes to apply for vacancies. For a copy of the city’s most recent EEOP, contact Human Resources as (352) 241-7380 or email email@example.com.
In compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations.
The Clermont Police Department appreciates our military veterans for their dedicated service to our country. We are committed to hiring military veterans whose training, expertise, and experience will strengthen our agency.
Our department provides veterans preference to qualifying military veterans in accordance with Florida Statutes 295.07 and 295.11. For more information regarding veteran's preference, please visit the Florida Department of Veteran's Affairs, or contact one of our recruiters.